So I saw this tag on RececcaReads blog and loved it so naturally I just have to do it. So this is the Book Blogger Test Book Tag.
What are your top 3 pet peeves for books and reading? |
- When the next book in the series isn’t physically larger than the one before it (looking at you Empire of Storms). I hate when this happens. In my opinion the next book in a series should always be longer than the one before it. It just makes sense. And now with this “thin paper” Empire of Storms is a massive book, and it looks like its 200 pages long instead of 700. Hate that.
- When you own an entire series in hardcover/paperback except for that 1 book. I am a bit OCD about this. If I have a series its gotta be one of the other. The only series on my shelf that doesn’t follow this pattern is The Hunger Games because my 1st book is paper back but it has sentimental value so I can’t bring myself to replace it with a hardcover.
- Memory Wipes in final books. I feel like I mention this a lot now, but I cannot stand when authors use any sort of memory loss because I hate knowing more about the characters than they know about themselves. I will never forgive Lauren Kate (spoilers for Fallen ahead) for the way she ended the Fallen series. 4 book I go through and in the end they don’t remember any of it?!?
Describe your perfect reading spot | My couch
At my house we have the nice cozy family room that’s attached to the kitchen, with the TV and always loud. But then, because my home is of an older colonial style, we have the “formal parlor”. Now there’s nothing really formal about it. Half of it is occupied by a pool table but the other half has a nice sitting area. There’s a giant leather couch in there with a massive pillow and the best part is no on else in my family except my dogs goes in there. So it is the perfect reading spot.
Tell us 3 book confessions |
- I love Twilight. Twilight will always hold a special place in my heart no matter what people say about it.
- I hated the Legend Series. I don’t know why, since everyone loves this series but I just did not enjoy it (plus a memory wipe ending? Nope).
- I haven’t read all the Harry Potter books yet. I have now completed 1-4 but no I’ve never read the entire series so I did not get my start in reading with Harry Potter.
When was the last time you cried during a book | Dog Crazy
So there are very very few things that can make me cry. But one of them will always be a dog dying in a book. Last winter I read Dog Crazy by Meg Donohue and its all about this girl named Maggie (my mom bought this for me for obvious reasons) getting over the death of her long time dog. So naturally when we finally got to her recollecting the day it all happened I sobbed like a child.
How many books are on your bedside table | Two
Only two, since here at school I have a lovely bookshelf that I love to keep all neat and organized. However at home home, I had about 15 books on my nightstand all summer and there are probably still at least 7 or 8 there.
What is your favorite snack to eat while you’re reading | Grapes
I don’t actually eat and read at the same time very often because I am a messy eater. But I do love me some red grapes. However I do love to drink coffee while I’m reading.
Name 3 books you would recommend to everyone |
- Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. If you love to read then why wouldn’t you love this book.
- Sarah J Maas books. Since she is my favorite author how could I not recommend her to everyone.
- The Odyssey. Ok so I know this seems pretentious but I hated the Odyssey when I had to read it for school, then reread it on my own one day and loved it, so I try to make people give it another chance.
Show us a picture of your favorite shelf on your bookcase | Gladly
But why show 1 shelf when I can fit the entire thing in a photo?
Books > People
What is your biggest reading secret | Confessions?
I feel like I already covered this in my confessions section but I’d have to say the biggest one is the harry potter confession since I’m in a sorority family called “The harry potter family”. I’m an imposter.
Who do you tag | Well that’s easy
Thanks for Reading!